Church of Holy Trinity
This tiny church is situated in Sutrojica, the part of Split near the Poljud stadium and the Split shipyard.
That early Medieval (early Croatian) architectural monument was built between the 8th and 9th century. It is a remarkable early Christian edifice; small hexagonal nave is surrounded by six semicircular apsidioles.
The Church of the Holy Trinity has been added into the register of the most valuable Croatian Cultural Heritage, of the highest category.
During restoration in 1948, remains of a building from an even earlier date have been found stretching towards the east, and several fragments of an altar partition have also been found, whose arc represents an example of a pre-Romanesque stone plastic art with geometric braided ornaments and carved text, exhibited today in the Museum of Croatian Archaeological Monuments in Split.