Our Lady of Spinut

 

The church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which is better known under the name of Our Lady of Spinut, is located on the north slope of Marjan.

 

This church has been originally mentioned in 1076, again in 1096, and the historians say that there was a Late Antiquity-early Christian era sanctuary here, as the traces and remains of the oldest building show signs of the early Christian architecture and reveal that the church was founded in the very early centuries of the faith. A legend could be heard among the people that angels make processional pilgrimages to this church every Saturday.